GOOD CANDIDATE /Anyone who wants to
- A woman who has experienced vaginal and labial stretching or tearing during childbirth
- A woman who suffers uneven labia minora, being bothersome in tight fitting clothing
- A woman who feels irritation or discomfort during sexual intimacy
Labiaplasty is a surgery performed on the labia minora (the inner “lips” of the vagina), to remove the excess or sagging labia minora, which can affect the comfort and pleasure during sexual intercourse, or when riding a bike or other sports activities. This surgery can relieve the irritation or friction that can caused by an uneven labia minora.
What can be expected during and after the surgery?
It is important to select a surgeon who is experienced in labiaplasty surgery, so that the balance and proportion that is desired is achieved. Labiaplasty can be performed either in the Operating Room or in-office, using a local anesthesia. The procedure usually takes about an hour to perform.
After the surgery, you should plan to take a few days off from work to recover. It will be important to take these precautions:
- Avoid prolonged sitting – keep the area rested and away from pressure
- Prevent infections and bacteria.Make sure to keep area clean and dry. You may want to wash genital area with salt water after every bowel movement.
- Avoid using any creams or soaps for a few days
- Avoid tight clothing. Loose fitting clothes will help heal the area faster
- Light exercise for about 1-2 weeks after surgery
- Avoid having sex for 6 weeks, as it may cause trauma to the area
- Don’t use tampons, instead use pads or liners. Your doctor will advise you on timeline
What are the Risks of Labiaplasty Surgery?
- You may experience Numbing, swelling, or bruising. This is normal. Applying an ice pack may be helpful
- You may experience some pain – your doctor can advise you on pain management
- You may have difficulty urinating
- You may experience constipation – let your doctor know if you are suffering
- Unnoticeable scars from the treatment
- Absorbable thread is used for the procedure, so you won't have to return to remove have sutures removed
- Showers can be taken one day after the labiaplasty, and sexual activities can be continue after one month
Before and After photo